FINALISTS ANNOUNCED for the FEDRIGONI TOP AWARDS 2013Leave a comment
Verona 18 July 2013 – The plenary meeting of the Fedrigoni TOP AWARD Jury announced the 16 finalists for the 2013 edition of the international competition for designers, printers, publishers and final clients involving prestige projects using Fedrigoni special papers.
The 2013 edition of the award, attracted even more entries – more than 900 from all around the world and, as the Jury itself pointed out, it is especially and increasingly difficult year after year to select the finalists given to the high quality of projects taking part in the competition. An initial online selection by the jury in April had the task of restricting the number of works moving on to final physical selection to 238 on which the panel then then concentrated all its attention.
There are 16 finalists – yet in truth this figure by no means accounts for all the people involved in the development of the final products that will be rewarded: final client, publisher, creative designer and printer; they are all important in striving for this prestige award.
There follows the list of all the finalists in the 5 Award categories in alphabetical order, indicating in order: Project name, designer, printer, publisher and final client, with nationalities indicated in brackets.
BOOK PUBLISHING- HARDBACK: dedicated to Gianfranco Fedrigoni and focusing on deluxe publications
- Ben Sherman: Bianca Wendt Studio (UK), Push Print (UK), Ben Sherman Group Ltd (UK)
- Dior, 30 avenue Montaigne: Uferas Tom – République (France),EBS –Bortolazzi (Italy), TerreBleue (France)
- VAS-Y: Paumero Renaud – DeuxPointDeux (France), Abelia (Francia), Tom-L
Book Publishing – Paperback: books, catalogues and brochures, artist’s folders
- BEAUREGARD, LE 5 JUILLET 2012: George Dupin et Jérôme Saint – LoubertBié (France), Media Graphic SCOP SA (France), Fond Regional d’Art Contemporaine Bretagne (France)
- so viele Leute springen immer…: Lavinia Marinotti – Wonderingsolo (Italy), Grafiche Bazzi – Faenza Group (Italy), Fine Arts Unternehmen AG (Switzerland)
Corporate Publishing: brochures, products catalogues, financial statements, coordinated graphics, mailings, greetings and invitations, calendars, notebooks, diaries, giftware and stationery
- CYCLING: Luke Murray – Nixon Design Ltd (UK), Four Way Print Ltd (UK)
- DIESEL+EDUN: Elena Ranzato – Diesel Spa (Italia), Studio Fasoli & Co. Srl (Italy)
- The Solar Annual Report, powered by the sun: Katy Pergelt – Serviceplan Campaign 3 GmbH (Germany), Verband Austria Solar (Austria)
- Zumtobel Annual Report 2011/2012: Billy Kiosoglou – Brighten the Corners (UK), F&G (UK), (Germany), Zumtobel AG (Austria)
Packaging: boxes, cases, shopping bags, display units, labels (applied to containers)
- ACCA KAPPA: Vinicio Prior-Priority Design (Italy), Cavalieri (Italy) & Amoretti, H. Krüll & Co. SpA (Italy)
- TRE MARIE PACKAGING: Alessandra Tozzi – STUDIO 5977 (Italy), Grafiche dell’Artiere srl (Italy), Tre Marie Gruppo Sammontana (Italy)
- RonContrabando: Peréz Izaskun – Tres TiposGraficos (Spain), GraficasVidal Y Armadans S.A. (Spain), Luis Caballero SA/ RonContrabando
- Weingut Kirsten, Weinetiketten: Prof. David Skopec – Kognito – GesellschaftfurVisuelleGestaltungmbH (Germany), Kramer DruckGmbH (Germany), WeingutKristen (Germany)
HP Indigo Digital Printing: category expressly dedicated to projects printed using HP Indigo digital technology
- PARAGRAFI EDAS: Massimo Fiameni (Italy), Grafiche Porpora (Italy), Edizioni d’Arte Severgnini (Italy)
- The Digital Matted Albums: Francesco Leschiutta – Graphistudio Spa (Italy),
- Triumph “booklet Canada”: REPRODUKT DIGITAL GmbH (Germany), TRIUMPH INTERNATIONAL (Germany)
The winners of the Fedrigoni TOP AWARD will be announced on Tuesday 8 October during the prizegiving awards ceremony in the prestigious venue of “Teatro Farnese”, Piazza della Pilotta 15, Parma, starting at 18.00.
All award-winning projects will be included in an exhibition at the Bodoni Museum in Parma 8-13 October alongside an exhibition dedicated to the 200th anniversary of the death of the most famous Italian typographer and printer.